Thinking About Hiring a Home Contractor in Denver for Renovation/Remodeling Projects?
When you have a residential site that needs to be remodeled a home renovation contractor in Denver is the building professional you would contact. A home renovation contractor may do all of the remodeling themselves or they may subcontract different areas of the remodeling job to other contractors. In this job they could for a general contracting company, be self employed, work for a remodeling specialist company or a home building company. Working as a home renovation contractor offers a person may different job opportunities. These types of residential remodeling projects are as different as the ones who hire the contractor to do the remodeling.
The homeowner may need to hire a home renovation contractor in Denver for a simple job like painting a bathroom or doing a closet expansion or it could be an entire home remodeling project. Some renovation contractors specialize in incorporating a specific style into the home’s decor or remodeling certain rooms. This is why they sometimes sub-contract work out to other contractors. That particular part of remodeling is not in their field of expertise.
Depending on the project, the renovation contractor may rope off the area of remodeling for safety and health reasons. If there is just one room being remodeled this is usually not necessary but if it is an entire house remodeling project the homeowner and their family will move to another location during the remodeling.
Home Renovations in Denver That Will Increase Your Property Value
Many people incorrectly assume that basement finishing is a minor project requiring little forethought. This is especially true when it comes to the handling of your home's existing systems - like the furnace and hot water heater.
In a previous article in this series (Basement Finishing: Warming to the Idea), we discussed the need to analyze your existing furnace's ability to adequately heat your home with the addition of new conditioned space (e.g. your basement).
In this article, we discuss the need to install adequate heat registers and returns in your basement finishing project, especially in bedrooms.
Your basement finishing efforts may add significant square footage to your home. You will surely have a family room, and maybe even a couple bedrooms, theater, bathroom, etc. Being below ground, basements generally stay cool in the summer without much help, however heating the space adequately is something that definitely needs requisite forethought before basement finishing begins.
This is especially true in bedrooms. It is uncommon to see a bedroom in a basement finishing project with its own cold-air return. This is a travesty! Imagine the in-laws freezing half-to-death when they come to visit you. To some, this might be a welcome vision, but most sons-in-law don't need the extra headache!
The solution is to make sure each bedroom has its own cold-air return. Then, make sure the other rooms in the basement finishing project will have adequate returns to provide the air-flow necessary to properly heat the area.
The added cost is worth the price. We include returns in all bedrooms and the advantages are easily and quickly understood by our homeowners. We believe comfort should be standard - and experience shows you agree!
Hiring Home Contractor Painters For Your Home
What is the most important question to ask before hiring a contractor for your basement finishing project?
Believe it or not, the most important question might also be the least asked: Do you carry Worker's Compensation Insurance?
Why on earth would that be the most important question?
If you hire a contractor to work in your home, you could be legally liable to pay for medical bills and time off work if he gets hurt. It doesn't matter if he is licensed, unlicensed, a sole proprietor, an officer of a corporation, a bum off the street, or a millionaire - YOU are "the boss."
Regardless of who your basement finishing contractor is, if you pay someone to work in your home then you are an "employer" under workers' compensation law.
If he tries to convince you it's not important, summarily dismiss him without further question!
If your basement finishing contractor carries worker's compensation insurance coverage, it acts as an umbrella for every other contractor who comes to your home to perform work, whether an employer OR a subcontractor. This umbrella shields you from potential liability!
Don't make the costly mistake of hiring a contractor without coverage. Ask the most important question!
- General Contractor Services Denver
- Small Basement Renovation Arvada
- Basement Wall Construction Aurora
- Simple Finished Basement Berkley
- Basic Basement Finishing Bow Mar
- Small Finished Basement Brighton
- Basement Floor Finishing Castle Pines
- Basement Repair Centennial
- Home Remodeling and Additions Cottonwood
- Basic Basement Finishing Derby
- Cheap Basement Remodel Dove Valley
- Walkout Basement Construction East Pleasant View
- Refinishing Basement Stairs Englewood
- Home Remodeling Evergreen
- Basement Finishing Solutions Federal Heights
- Basement Finishing Systems Genesee
- Small Finished Basement Glendale
- Basement Finishing Solutions Golden
- Inexpensive Basement Remodel Green Valley Ranch
- Small Basement Remodel Henderson
- Walkout Basement Construction Highlands Ranch
- Local Basement Remodeling Idledale
- Basement Finishing Quotes Indian Hills
- Local Basement Remodeling Ken Caryl
- Small Basement Renovation Kittredge
- Basement Solutions Lakewood
- Basement Finishing Systems Leyden
- Basement Repair Littleton
- Basement Finishing Systems Lodo
- Simple Finished Basement Lone Tree
- Budget Basement Remodel Lone Tree
- Inexpensive Basement Remodel Morrison
- Basic Basement Remodel Northeast
- Home Improvement Northglenn
- Small Basement Renovation Park Hill
- Best Finished Basements Parker
- Cheap Basement Finishing Ponderosa East
- Basement Floor Finishing Stapleton
- Bathroom Renovations Stonegate
- Cheap Basement Finishing Thorton
- Basement Floor Refinishing Todd Creek
- Morning Room Addition Welby
- Inexpensive Basement Remodel Westminster